Felson Companies is committed to protecting the environment and improving the health and safety of our employees, residents, and surrounding community. Through our Green Living Program we strive, where feasible, to purchase environmentally preferable products and services to meet our company’s operational needs. We favor suppliers and vendors who strive to improve their environmental performance, provide environmentally preferable products, and who can document the supply-chain impacts of their efforts.
- All apartment communities have implemented recycling programs and many offer composting.
- Significantly reduced energy usage by retrofitting lighting with occupancy sensors and LED bulbs.
- Reduced water usage by installing low flow toilets, faucet aerators, and drip irrigation systems.
- All landscaping mulch is made from 100% recycled, Bay Area-sourced yard trimmings, food compost, and lumber debris.
- Recycle or reuse material as much as possible when renovating apartment units to reduce sending items to the landfill.
- Replaced most windows with Low-E glass which reflects outside heat during the summer months and retains interior heat in the winter months, thus reducing cooling and heating requirements.
- All interior and exterior paint used releases low levels of volatile organic compounds, thus minimizing impact on air quality.
- Installed Energy Rated appliances.
- All of our apartment communities are located near AC Transit stops and BART stations, thus reducing the dependence on car travel.